Date Posted: 2018-12-15
For this full-time position, job know-how is what you bring to the table as well as superior forklift skills, a willingness to work with people to help them get what they need, flexibility, adherence to safety procedures, and the ability to keep things organized.
Job Details and Responsibilities include:
- Safely and skillfully operate forklift, other equipment to transport goods such as steel plate, long length extrusion, boxed goods, and other items.
- Assemble containers and crates, pack goods to be shipped, and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Unpack and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Maintain internal record-keeping systems along with weekly and monthly inventory counts.
- Know safe storage and handling procedures for chemicals and materials.
- Communicate with other staff on priority items via radio, email, telephone.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and using Quickbooks will be required (some in-house training provided).
- Current Forklift certification required.